Who Is The Real Enemy In The Battle Of The Sexes?
There is a lot of talk about the War on Women and the War on Men. The aggression of women because of feminism is creating a Sexodus among men that is causing them to retreat from committed relationships with women. This can be attributed to the sexual revolution and the move away from Judeo Christian values that have traditionally been the basis for the family unit.
Apparently free love is not so free. Our society is broken and loneliness is increasing with the speed of technological advancements. The real war is the war on humanity and the enemy is sin.
Those who don’t espouse to traditional Christian values often use the stringent and, what they view as archaic, lifestyle requirements that are purveyed by the Bible as reason to flee religious involvement. Those who do embrace these values in the Christian community believe that God knows best and that the life of faith is not about reason and logic but about obedience. Christians believe that the list of do’s and don’ts is a recipe for living a life based on God’s best for their lives.
Their faith is based on a loving relationship with a Benevolent Savior who wants to protect His followers from the penalty of sin in their lives.
The horrifying consequences in our disintegrating society are proof that sin costs. The price of sin is now an inability to enjoy the beautiful gift of sexuality and the companionship that God created to be enjoyed between a man and woman. More and more people are living isolated lives. Communion and companionship are declining.
I have addressed the rise in single person households, but with the latest research that has been released, it is apparent that the damage to our society and individuals is more devastating than I had even imagined. It grieves me and I am certain that it grieves our Heavenly Father that there are so many caught in the trap of a “free” society and the consequences of the freedom.
For those of you unaware of what Biblical sexuality is about, let me enlighten you.
- Sex was created between a man and a woman: Matthew 10: 6 But ‘God made them male and female’ from the beginning of creation. 7 ‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, 8 and the two are united into one.’ Since they are no longer two but one, 9 let no one split apart what God has joined together.”
- Sex creates a powerful bond – a bond that is designed to sustain a lifetime relationship and secure the family unit for healthy procreation. This bond happens with anyone you have sex with. There is no such thing as casual sex.
- I Corinthians 6: 15 Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! 16 And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.” 17 But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
- Sex outside of God’s design is damaging to your body. If you question this look at the dangerous diseases that promiscuity causes. I Corinthians 6:18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
- Christ was a great liberator for women and men. Galatians 3:28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Our “free” society has enslaved us. It tells us that there is no happiness apart from sex. This “freedom” has left us more lonely, more unhappy and less “free” as we search for sexual gratification in any form.
It’s not just video games and casual sex that young men are retreating into. They are also immersing themselves in fetishes that to their grandparents’ generation would resemble grounds for incarceration, and which drive them further away from the formerly fairer sex. Consider, for example, the example of furry culture and anthropomorphic animal sex fetishism, both of which are experiencing explosive growth, fuelled by the internet.
Jack Rivlin’s student newspaper The Tab, which we encountered in part one, has noticed the trend spreading on UK campuses. (It’s already rife throughout the US.) Other alternative sexual behaviours, including homosexuality and transgenderism, are more prevalent on campus now too.
“It’s eminently plausible that there are a greater number of people who identify as homosexual, bisexual or other sexualities who are happy to be labelled as such these days,” agrees Cambridge Union president Tim Squirrell, from whom we heard in part one, speaking about the students he sees passing through his Union. “I think we’re becoming more open and accepting of people who live different kinds of lifestyles and have different kinds of identities.” The Sexodus Part 2
The one true relationship that we were all created for-men and women-is a relationship with God. This is the relationship that will bring us the most joy. It is the one relationship that will strengthen all our human relationships.
John 15:9 “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. 10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. 11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 12 This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. 16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
There is only one way to true freedom:
34 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. 35 A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.